Even the thought of getting the house ready for the guests is overwhelming, isn’t? Not to mention the busy holiday time. Last couple of years I have been actually enjoying having guests over, because I stopped stressing over little things. I got over a fact that my house has to be PERFECT. Instead, I decided on pick few essential things on how to guest-proof house without stressing yourself.
How to make your house ready for guests
1. Head to Walmart and stack up on some must-have products such as tissues, toilet paper rolls and paper towels.
Money saving tip!
With the Ibotta app, get:
- $1 off Cottonelle 12-ct or larger
- $1 off Scott 12-ct or larger
- $1 off Viva 6-ct or larger
- Buy two products and get an extra dollar back
2. If your guests are staying overnight, make sure all bathroom essentials such as q-tips, toothbrushes, lotions, soaps and etc are accessible. I gathered some aqua accessories from around my house and added them to the vanity. I put Q-Tips in a blue glass. Cups, plates, mason jars work well too.
3. I love adding light holiday spirit in every room, even if it’s on toilet paper rolls. Talk about functional decoration.
Did you know that Scott® 1100 toilet paper has 100 FREE sheets per roll?
4. Make your house smell good without fancy air fresheners. All you need is your pick of dry whole spices like cinnamon sticks, whole nutmeg berries, cloves, rosemary, pine needles. Add to a pot with water and a little oil (I used lemon), bring to a simmer on a stove top and wait for your guests. The compliments you will get!
5. You need a cool drink, but you forgot to put it in the fridge last night. What do you do?
Wet couple sheets of paper towel, wrap around the beverage you want to cool and place it in the freezer for up to 10 minutes. Your drink will be cold. Promise!
6. No clean guest hand towels in the bathroom? No problem. Just rip some sheets of Viva paper towels and place them in the basket on the bathroom sink counter. Guests will appreciate them.
7. Place face tissues all over the house. Next to snack stations, near the sitting areas and at the entrance of the house. We love soft, strong and absorbent, Kleenex® Holiday face tissues. It’s the perfect tissue to always have on hand throughout the holidays.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.