Looking for things to do with kids this summer? I got you covered. I worked hard (really hard) but I am so excited to present to you THE BEST ideas for the most fun summer ever!
Good news is that almost all of these summer activities won’t cost you a dime (well, maybe just few). Yet your kids will have the greatest summer memories.
Sometimes kids are bored because they are just tired of the same toys they see all day every day. Instead of going to the toy store and spending too much hard earned money, make toys yourself. It’s double fun: kids get to participate in the process and then they get to play with the toy, which is much more cooler than the bought one, because they MADE IT.
1. Make the coolest Catapult. Activities for kids blog
2. Enjoy Cool Ice Bowling. Learn. Play Imagine
3. Balloon yo yo. Tinkerlab4. 25 Homemade Toys in this ebook. Playtivities
5. Make hot air balloon. Bkids.typepad6. Pool noodle toys for some outdoor play. Learn. Play. Imagine
7. Create a foamerator. Spoonful.
8. Paint some rocks. Playtivities
9. Make pom pom shooter. Red Ted Art
10. Make Lego Calming Jar after a busy summer day. Lemon and lime adventures.
It’s a must do summer activity. However it won’t be boring with all these things you can do with your kids.
- Make slip and slide. The inspired housewife
- Begin gardening with kids. Educator’s Spin on it
- Make water blob. Playtivities
- Play super fun games with water balloons. Parscaeli
- Build easy swing from plastic box. Playtivities
- Have a scavenger hunt. Alexandra Hedin
- Make easy DIY mini pool in the sand box. Playtivities
- Have a backyard circus. Classic Play
- Launch Ping Pong Ball Snowmen. Buggy and Buddy
- Set up music station and play some drums. Playtivities
Have family time
Summer is the perfect time for some extra family time. There are so many things to do together. I found 10 family time activities that I want to try out this summer with my family. They are totally the best ideas and things to do with kids this summer.
1. Improve your relationship with your kids using one of my best parenting advice. Playtivities
2. Have a movie night with DIY outdoor movie theater
3. Make Giant bubbles together. Tatertotsandjello
4. Have a backyard camp. Lynnaemccoy.
5. Have a volunteer vacation. Family vacation critic
6. Make a family tree. Genealogy. Love to know.
7. Make ice cream in a bag. Coffee cups and crayons.
8. Make outdoor game board on your deck. 36th Avenue
9. Let the kids cook dinner. Fancy nonsense
10. Make a funny family music video like this:
Do a craft
You don’t have to be a crafty person to help your child with his crafts. Take a look at these wonderful yet so simple crafts. Most of the materials you already have at home, so no need to rush to the store.
1.DIY Telescope craft. Hands on as we grow.2. DIY shell necklace. Kids Activities blog
3. Dry some flowers and press them. Do wonderful crafts from it. Red Ted Art
4. Outdoor Tic Tac Toe. Playtivities5. Nature weaving craft. Craftiments.
6. Make wind spinners from juice boxes. Joyfullyweary7. Colorful Mason Jar Lantern with Beaded Handle. Buggy and Buddy8. Fireflies that light up. Apartment therapy
9. Sun catchers. Feelin crafty
10. Die t shirts with markers. The art girl jackie tutorials
11. Build watermelon house. Playtivities
Summer is perfect opportunity for kids to learn through play. It’s like they don’t even feel or suspect when they are learning something new. Use this opportunity and make their little brain work hard this summer.
1. Get into Summer Science activities. P is for preschooler.
2. Start a summer book club. Classic Play
3. Do some geocahcing. Classic Play
4. Water balloon phonics. Mess for less
5. Have some fun themed dinner nights for kids. Beauty and bedlam
6. Have a volunteer vacation. Family vacation critic
7. Learn photography by playing this fun photography game. Playtivities
8. Encourage reading under this super cool (literally) fort. Hands Made Art
9. Learn more about dinosaur fossils. Brain Power Boy
10. Have summer school for 20 minutes a day. Happy kids busy mom
And in case you are overwhelmed with all the things to do with kids this summer, remember that boredom is one of them too. Stop feeling guilty and read my article: What Happens When Kids Get Bored…
I hope you enjoyed my roundup.
P.S. What is your most favorite things to do with kids?