Last year I fell asleep around 9.30 pm on New Year’s Eve. And I was the last one. I kept saying that the life with kids is different and celebrating New Year’s isn’t for parents with small children.
This year we are changing things up and we are determined to finally stay up and greet the NEW YEAR. I know we can do this!
We got ready with all these fun New Year’s Eve family games that require no preparation, it’s perfect for almost all ages, as well as small or big groups of people.
New Year’s Eve Family Games
- Print the New Year’s Eve Family Games cards and cut them up. (leave your email in the form below to receive activity cards instantly)
- Get 12 balloons and stick each card into a balloon before blowing up.
- Write the time of the activity you want it to be played on each balloon. We chose 12:00 pm, 1:00, 2:00, 3:00, etc), because we decided to spread the activities throughout the day. If you only start your New Year’s Eve party in the evening, then you can spread out the times within few hours (6:00, 6:30, 7:00 etc)
- Arrange balloons like a clock on the wall (we used tape to attach ours). If you have helium balloons you can let them float in the room as a part of your New Year’s decorations.
- When the time comes let the kids pop a balloon and invite everyone for an activity.
Ask each player to write down at least 3 resolutions for next year on a piece of paper and put them in the basket. Now ask players to pull one slip of paper out of a basket at a time and read it out loud. Everyone has to write down who they think made each resolution. At the end of the readings, the person who guessed the most correctly wins a prize. Read some of the wrong guesses out loud for fun!
2. MARSHMALLOW TOSS
3. THE BOOK
Choose a book (eg Harry Potter) and ask players to write what they think the first sentence should be. After they finish read everybody’s sentences loud only then read the original. The closest guess wins the game.
4. GARGLE A SONG
Each player has to sing a song with the mouth full of water. The others have to guess which song was it.
5. FIND THE RING
Send players out of the room, meanwhile hid the ring. Invite players back to the room and ask them to find the hidden ring.
6. GRANDMA WENT TO THE SHOP AND BOUGHT….
An apricot, a book… Players take turns to repeat original item, and add a new one, following the letters of the alphabet.
7. MUSICAL CHAIRS
Everyone know how to play this game
8. PARTY BAG
Hang a paper bag filled with sweet treats from a door frame. Each player gets blindfolded and given three chances to hit the bag with a stick. The winner bursts the bag and gets the sweets.
9. WHAT ARE YOU WEARING
Pass a bag of dressing-up clothes around the circle. When the music stops, take an item and put it on. Continue until everyone is wearing something silly.
10. PASS THE ORANGE
Instruct two teams sit on the floor facing each other and pass an orange down the line with their feet. If the orange touches the ground, it goes back to the start.
11. PLAY SARDINES
Let one person hide. The person who finds him has to join him. So does the next one to find them. Last player to discover them is the next sardine. It’s one of our favorite family games.
12. 2 TRUTHS AND A LIE
Each player has to tell 2 truths and 1 lie. The goal of the game is to to determine which statement is the false one.
More family games for your New Year’s party
SHOUT IT – Hilarious Family Shouting Game
PASS IT ON – Fun Family Drawing Game
THE MOUTH GAME – The Best game of 2016
20 Insanely Fun Family Games
Surprise Your Kids For Free
For the next 7 days I will send you short email every day with a video of how I surprised my kids without spending a dime!