Nature inspired activities for kids is something that I really love. In a world surrounded by technology I always search for some interesting yet fun things to bring them back in such an amazing nature world. Last time I shared Nature Inspired Tic Tac Toe Game, which my kids just LOVED. So, now I gathered some more super awesome nature inspired ideas for kids! Mud pie, organic planting, DIY mason bee habitat, nature weaving, Leaf Threading and even worm farm!
No more talks, take a look into 15 nature inspired ideas that I am sure your kids will adore and ask for MORE.
- What is cool about nature inspired activities?
- 1.How to Make a Mud Pie
- 2. Get Outside & Connect: Explore a Shore
- 3. Bird Seed And Pine Cone Sensory Bottle
- 4. The Seeds We Eat- Nature Science
- 5. Wonderful Wintertime Frozen Sun Catcher Ice Ornaments
- 6. How to Make a Mason Bee Habitat
- 7. Clay Imprints with Plants and Flowers
- 8. How to Make Waldorf-Inspired Nature Blocks
- 9. All Natural Leaf Threading
- 10. Worm Farm for Kids
- 11. Nature Weaving For Children
- 12. Gorgeous stick fairies: made by kids, with love
- 13. Homemade Bird Feeders
- 14. Organic Gardening with Kids
- 15. Chlorophyll Paintings: Incorporating Art In Science
- Nature Inspired activities and Kids Happiness
What is cool about nature inspired activities?
It‘s known for years now, that being in a forest, fields and fresh air is very important and useful for a human. It helps to boost the immune system and calms down the nervous system. After being in nature human feel inspired, healthy and balanced. That's why these activities would be an awesome thing for the whole family. Parents will get an opportunity to relax while kids will be fully involved in exploring the nature textures, smells and noises!
What can be better than a walk in the nature, searching for some materials for an awesome evening crafting time??
15 Nature Inspired Activities For Kids
1.How to Make a Mud Pie
Kids love the feeling of mud squishing between hands as they mold it into a mud pie. It’s a childhood sensory activity to be missed!
2. Get Outside & Connect: Explore a Shore
Oceans, lakes, and rivers all have shores and banks worthy of exploration. There are so many magical things to discover!
3. Bird Seed And Pine Cone Sensory Bottle
Pair nature science with sensory play with this pine cone and bird seed sensory bottle! This bird seed and pine cone sensory bottle is extremely light weight. It is perfect for a science observation center.
4. The Seeds We Eat- Nature Science
This is a simple one to put together and do with your kids with things you already have in your home. It's a wonderful nature science activity and also great for lessons on food and nutrition.
5. Wonderful Wintertime Frozen Sun Catcher Ice Ornaments
This craft will be just the thing to get you and your kids outside. These frozen sun catchers can be made with a variety of items, they are interesting to look at and they sparkle beautifully in the sun.
6. How to Make a Mason Bee Habitat
A few tips on the importance of bees and tutorial how to make this beautiful DIY Mason Bee Home. We love including hands-on activities with our themed learning, and this is a great activity for everyone involved.
7. Clay Imprints with Plants and Flowers
This would be a lovely gift from a child to a teacher or grandparent. It's a great craft for all ages though. I highly recommend for adults to give it a try. It's very therapeutic!
8. How to Make Waldorf-Inspired Nature Blocks
Here is DIY tutorial on how to make a set of Waldorf-inspired nature blocks that are great for imaginative play with animals!
9. All Natural Leaf Threading
Engage kids with Nature! Inspire them to be creative and develop their motor skills with this All Natural Leaf Threading activity!
10. Worm Farm for Kids
Preschool-aged children love to play with worms. You can turn their curiosity with worms into a science project with just a few items from your house and garden.
11. Nature Weaving For Children
Nature weaving for children is a fun and inexpensive activity which will encourage kids to get outdoors. It is super quick and easy to set up and it uses materials that you most likely already have at home.
12. Gorgeous stick fairies: made by kids, with love
The part I loved the most about making this gorgeous craft is that I knew they would all look unique. Add different leaves, head pieces, petal tutus and you have a whole new fairy to play with. Amazing!!
13. Homemade Bird Feeders
These easy diy bird feeders for kids are made using just 3 ingredients and you can make them in any shape you like using cookie cutters! I am sure kids will love it.
14. Organic Gardening with Kids
Organic Gardening with kids is all about your kids watching you do “real work.” When they are ready they will want to help. Sometimes they will need to watch you garden several times before this happens!
15. Chlorophyll Paintings: Incorporating Art In Science
Chlorophyll paintings are a fun and creative way to integrate art and science as students learn about plants, the process of photosynthesis and how a plant makes its own food.
Nature Inspired activities and Kids Happiness
I hope you found some interesting and exciting ideas for your family. It's such a pleasure to come back in the nature and tell stories for kids about the world we are living in! Wish you exciting, interesting and heart melting time with your kids.