I didn't grow up with advent calendar, but I would love to make it a tradition in our family.
I figured now was the right time to give it a whirl and start from the very beginning, which means, searching for some inspiration online! So, here it is, I gathered 21 ideas that I liked the most. My main criteria was to find DIY advent calendars for kids that are colorful, fun, easy to make and mostly made with materials you already have at home (because, let's be honest, we all don't want to break the bank till the Holiday...).
Here we go!
- 1. EASY CHRISTMAS ADVENT BOX FOR BUSY MOMS
- 2. DIY ADVENT TREE
- 3. CLOTHESPIN WREATH ADVENT CALENDAR
- 4. MAKE AN ADVENT COUNTDOWN JAR
- 5. BABY SOCK ADVENT CALENDAR
- 6. BALLOON ADVENT CALENDAR
- 7. EASY NO SEW BURLAP ADVENT CALENDAR
- 8. SIMPLE ADVENT CALENDAR
- 9. DIY DINOSAUR ADVENT CALENDAR. DINO-ADVENT TUTORIAL
- 10. LEGO DUPLO ADVENT CALENDAR
- 11. DIY ADVENT CALENDAR
- 12. DIY ADVENT CALENDAR CRAFT FOR KIDS
- 13. MODERN TREE ADVENT CALENDAR
- 14. PAPER CUP ADVENT CALENDAR
- 15. SPARKLY ORNAMENT ADVENT CALENDAR
- 16. MAKE A STARRY ADVENT CALENDAR
- 17. ADVENT CALENDAR
- 18. TREE ADVENT CALENDAR. POTTERY BARN KNOCK-OFF
- 19. DIY HANGING TREAT BEAG ADVENT CALENDAR
- 20. DIY PIÑATA ADVENT CALENDAR
- 21. ADVENT CALENDAR WITH JOKES FOR EVERY DAY
- 22. SANTA COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS
DIY Advent Calendar Ideas for Kids
1. EASY CHRISTMAS ADVENT BOX FOR BUSY MOMS
This simple yet thoughtful advent box is a great idea for all of us busy moms, who want to do a lot of things during magical Christmas period!
2. DIY ADVENT TREE
This DIY Advent Tree idea looks very simple! This blog offers you to use make-up samples, but you can hide whatever you like!
3. CLOTHESPIN WREATH ADVENT CALENDAR
Once again, advent calendar filled with activities looks like an idea which won't break a bank. It‘s made by using Christmas wrapping paper and scrapbook paper to hold 24 cards with activities. Looks super fun! Some activities ideas you can find here.
4. MAKE AN ADVENT COUNTDOWN JAR
Super cool idea on how to make an advent countdown jar! Colorful, creative and fun. I am sure your kids will love it.
5. BABY SOCK ADVENT CALENDAR
Hve you accumulated a pile of now-too-small baby clothes? Let's use this mom's fantastic creativity and let's make Baby Sock Advent Calendar. So cute, isn't it??
6. BALLOON ADVENT CALENDAR
This one is a colorful balloon Advent calendar filled with quotes, but you can fill it up with different things depending on your kids age. It may be candy, jokes, activities or other small things that your kids adore!
7. EASY NO SEW BURLAP ADVENT CALENDAR
I just adore no sew things. It looks very cozy, colorful and most importantly – easy to make. This No sew burlap advent calendar is not an exception.
8. SIMPLE ADVENT CALENDAR
Wow, I would never have thought of that. I love the idea of the clothespins and washi tape. Colors are amazing too!
9. DIY DINOSAUR ADVENT CALENDAR. DINO-ADVENT TUTORIAL
I think you can't find a better idea if you or your kids are HUGE fans of dinosaurs. This idea rocks!
10. LEGO DUPLO ADVENT CALENDAR
This Lego Army will help you count days till Christmas. I am amazed by this mom's creativity. What a pleasure for Lego-loving house!
11. DIY ADVENT CALENDAR
If you have been reading Playtivities blog for a while, you may already know how much I love toilet roll ideas. And it's hard to say in words my excitement when I saw it! No more words needed, just check this out :}
12. DIY ADVENT CALENDAR CRAFT FOR KIDS
Simplicity is always the key to a perfection. I love this simple yet flexible idea.
13. MODERN TREE ADVENT CALENDAR
I love the pockets and the simple shape of the tree. Very creative yet modern advent calendar.
14. PAPER CUP ADVENT CALENDAR
Low cost and creative advent calendar using paper cups. Reusable, quick and simple to make and the result that looks super cool!
15. SPARKLY ORNAMENT ADVENT CALENDAR
This advent calendar looks so festive! I am sure my kids will love bright sparkly ornaments in their room. Worth a try!
16. MAKE A STARRY ADVENT CALENDAR
This creative blogger says that process will take two 1-hour sessions and you will have a homemade amazing starry advent calendar in your house. Tutorial included!
17. ADVENT CALENDAR
Perfect inspiration to create amazing advent calendar for kids using creativity and materials you may have at home. Simple, cheap to make and the result will take your kids breath!
18. TREE ADVENT CALENDAR. POTTERY BARN KNOCK-OFF
Honestly, I think this idea could become a yearly tradition. It is so well made and looks just awesome! I'm not sure if all of us can make it, but it's worth sharing!
19. DIY HANGING TREAT BEAG ADVENT CALENDAR
Cute and inexpensive idea using treat bags. Looks so colorful and exciting!
20. DIY PIÑATA ADVENT CALENDAR
Counting down to Christmas by breaking open a pinata everyday sounds like kids' dream come true. Do I need to add something more? Amazing idea from amazing mom!
21. ADVENT CALENDAR WITH JOKES FOR EVERY DAY
One more awesome idea for kids - make an advent calendar with jokes. Sounds so much fun! Free printable included.
22. SANTA COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS
This idea made me smile. So simple, but decorative and it makes your kids excited every single day till Christmas!
If this advent calendar for kids reminder totally freaks you out, don’t fret!
Remember, that there is not a single child on the planet who doesn't love opening a present everyday. It's not so important what's inside. Just make it thoughtful and show kids that this period is magic. The magic that is hidden in our hearts.