The other day I asked kids to go and play outside.
They came up with 17 reasons not to go.
While I don't usually jump in and have a solution for their boredom, this time I could not resist.
I had an idea on how to encourage them.
I knew the minute they would go out and start playing this game, they would not want to stop.
Backyard Bingo is a game, where kids try to complete fun and active challenges in the backyard (or front yard, park, etc). The goal is to keep kids moving, stay outside and have a great time.
Backyard Bingo Game Rules
- Download and print the Backyard Bingo template with the challenges (fill up the form below and I will send you one immediately).
- Roll a small rock and land it on one of the activities.
- Perform the activity your rock has landed on.
- Cross off every time the activity is done.
- First to cross off all the activities wins the game.
Watch our Backyard Bingo video:
Encourage kids to create their own Backyard Bingo activities.
It's a simple way to get kids moving, playing and even creating their own Bingo activities.
My mission was accomplished. Kids got outside and I heard them playing for hours.
All they needed was a little challenge (as always) and I could not get them get back to the house for dinner.
This is week 10 of our Weekend Camp at Home, where we try to occupy kids with fun and hopefully independent play activities on the weekends. So you can do your stuff. Want to join us? Come and join our Activity Camp Facebook group community with likeminded folks who want to create a fun and memorable childhood for their kids. You can find the rest of 9 weeks of the Weekend camp activities.