The donut game may be something that you hear for the first time! It came to my mind, when weather-unfriendly or sick days paid a call. There is no other scenario than hearing kids saying I'M-BORED-WHAT-SHOULD-I-DO or I-DON'T-HAVE-ANY-TOYS-TO-PLAY-WITH... If these words are known to you, the donut game is exactly what will help you to survive these days!
The game keeps kids busy for a while, brings a lot of excitement and joy (you can hear them screaming and laughing all the time they are playing) and most importantly it doesn't cost you anything!
Being at home all day long means 2 things.
- Kids are asking for screen time a lot more often.
- Kids are bored a lot more times than usual.
I actually like when kids are bored, because I think genius play ideas are born during this period of time! Certainly, that's how donut game became one of the favorite indoor activity!
See the magic of it in the video below:
HOW TO MAKE A DONUT
First, you need a donut. No, not the one from the coffee shop and not the one from the store. This one is super easy to make. We made one from thick cardboard, but you can use pretty much any round object with a hole that could hold 15-20 pencils. My daughter used the pencils to color the donut and make it pretty. If you want something different, you can find a cute idea here.
RULES OF THE DONUT GAME
The instructions of the game are pretty simple!
- Gather all pencils and put them through the hole and make the pencils stand. You might have to try this a few times to get it right.
- Instruct each player to pull out 1 pencil at a time. The goal is NOT to collapse the donut structure. The pencils will shift obviously every time you pull one.
- When the donut touches the ground, the game is over. Whoever has the most pencils at the end of the game is the WINNER.
....And here is more reasons to try this game (it definitely works for me!):
- You can let kids play this at the restaurant (use crayons they give you).
- Donut game will be perfect activity while waiting at the doctors office.
- Simply let them play at home when you hear: "can I get an iPad?".
- Finally, it's a good ice breaker after or a way to bond with your child!
- Minute-to-win game with cups YANK ME!
- How to make a GIANT SLING SHOT
- A trick to EASY DRAWING for kids