Art projects for kids are a must in order to develop their creativity.
Kids are creative. They are just born in this way. And there is no doubt that they are even more creative than we, adults, are. We have such a big perspective of how things should look that we need to leave our comfort zone in order to create something special. In this case, kids are totally different. They have their own point of view. They have their own fantasy. We should help them keep it as long as it’s possible.
So, today I want to share with you 13 amazing art projects to do with kids. These activities don’t require children to be limited or explained how and what to do. Let them express their ideas on their own. Let their imagination go wild!
- Why Art projects for kids are so important
- 1.Art and Craft Projects for Kids
- 2. Pablo Picasso Collages Inspire Kids to Explore Identity With Self-Portraits
- 3. Painting With Nature – Process Art
- 4. Pasta Art Activities for Kids
- 5. Fizzing Moon Rocks Activity
- 6. Georges Seurat Pointillism Art Lesson for Kids
- 7. Watercolour Planets
- 8. Faux Stained Glass Suncatcher Craft for Kids
- 9. Monet Craft For Kids
- 10. Yayoi Kusama Dotted Pumpkins for Kids
- 11. Beaded DIY Wind Chimes For Kids
- 12. Create These Awesome Sculptures with Cardboard Building Discs
- 13. African Sunset Shadow Tracing Art
- The power of Art Projects for kids
Why Art projects for kids are so important
Art projects for kids have amazing benefits. In this article I found the main benefits that kids get from these kind of activities. So, why art projects are good for kids? They:
- Develop fine Motor skills
- Increases Dexterity
- Improves Hand-Eye Coordination, Boost Self Esteem
- Encourages Self Expression
- Helps in Socializing
- Promotes innovation and creativity
- Enhances decision-making skills
- Improves Memory
Pablo Picasso once has said, that “Every child is an artist, the problem is staying an artist when you grow up.” I think, these wise words have nothing but the truth.
13 Art Projects Ideas for Kids
1.Art and Craft Projects for Kids
Making Fabric Bowls is a fun way to recycle fabric. We use this activity in therapy and at home with our own kids.
2. Pablo Picasso Collages Inspire Kids to Explore Identity With Self-Portraits
Create Picasso collages inspired by the famous artist who co-founded Cubism. A great way for kids to explore identity through this self-portrait activity.
3. Painting With Nature – Process Art
I just adore how this painting activity can be approached in so many different ways creating beautiful and unique paintings of patterns and textures. A true painting with nature treasure!
4. Pasta Art Activities for Kids
I love mandalas. When I first heard of mandalas making process I was more than impressed. This one is an unique way for kids to create their own mandalas (using pasta)! So creative.
5. Fizzing Moon Rocks Activity
Kids love to explore places like space because it’s so mysterious, and beautiful. This activity definitely bring them to the land of mystery!
6. Georges Seurat Pointillism Art Lesson for Kids
This art lesson will give you some information on Seurat himself, so you can teach a little art history, and then go into how to create a pointillism piece easily.
7. Watercolour Planets
Pace-themed art activity to create some watercolour planets for kids to make perfect for exploring the solar system or create one from their fantasy! Awesome!
8. Faux Stained Glass Suncatcher Craft for Kids
Super creative yet colorful suncatcher project is especially neat because it looks just like stained glass. It can be adapted for a wide variety of ages!
9. Monet Craft For Kids
Claude Monet is well known for his beautiful water scenes. This Monet Art Project for Kids is a fun (and messy) finger painting craft that will leave children with beautiful results. It would be crazy not to try this!
10. Yayoi Kusama Dotted Pumpkins for Kids
I found this artwork to be very exciting! I am sure you are going to be encouraged to learn more about the artist and tell more to your children! Love the idea.
11. Beaded DIY Wind Chimes For Kids
This is a great project for kids of any age, but I suggest helping kids of age 6 and under with this. Looks super cute!
12. Create These Awesome Sculptures with Cardboard Building Discs
Kids can create their own building material by transforming a box into cardboard building discs. This art activity provides open-ended creative exploration for kids. I am sooo excited!
13. African Sunset Shadow Tracing Art
African Sunset Shadow Tracing art is great for developing your child’s fine motor skills, it also creates a very interesting effect for art and it’s just plain fun. I love this idea!
The power of Art Projects for kids
I still remember the words of Elizabeth Gilbert. She said that „To me creative living is any life that is guided more strongly by curiosity than fear.” And I can‘t agree more. That‘s why I think that including art is very important thing for kids' development. It‘s a unique way not only to express themselves, but to teach that curiosity is even more essential and powerful than a fear. Every human faces the strength of it. But if you keep yourself creative, rely on flair and feel self-confident, therearen't any difficulties that you can‘t overcome. This is the thing that parents need to pass on to their children.