When summer season (and holidays) are on the way, I naturally start to think how I can reconnect with kids this summer. Last year I had a plan for a super fun summer for my kids. We did a lot. We even went to Europe for an unforgettable vacation. Pretty exciting, I would say.
By the end of our vacation, I asked my kids what was the best part about their fun and adventurous summer. They mentioned things I didn’t expect at all (there goes the Europe trip and years of savings down the drain)!
I asked myself how it's even possible?
Finally, I realized that kids mostly enjoyed and appreciated the moments when me and my husband were fully present with them. It wasn't a fun park we went to or a fancy hotel we've stayed at. It was the fact that I sat in the swing together, it was the moment when we all got lost while walking in the city.
That's the answer why you always need to rethink if you are at the same path with your kids. Sometimes all they need is US. Nothing more. Nothing less. <3
If you wish to reconnect with kids this summer find my ideas below!
HOW TO RECONNECT WITH KIDS IDEAS
- Roll down the hill together. To be honest, I was not sure about this, but it turned out one of my favorite things we did (that’s why it’s nr. 1 on the list)! Pick a grassy hill (not too steep) and make sure there aren’t any big rocks. The laughter, the goofiness and the dizzy walks will get stuck in your child’s (and your) memory forever!
- Take them to the spot you love. Is it a coffee shop you have been sneaking out to on your ‘me time’ hours or is it a pretty sunset spot where you used to come before you had kids? Bring your child with you and explain why you love this place and why it makes you happy!
- Join Summer Camp online and do experiments together. Help kids learn a new skill, have fun creating a DIY toy together and play a new game. SUMMER CAMP AT HOME starts July 1st. (shhh...You can register now and get an early bird special price.) Sounds awesome, doesn't it??
- Create a signature drink or meal recipe together. We created fruit (and vegetable) infused water. And that became drink #1 during summer. It was my son’s favorite drink! If making a drink is not fun, try creating a signature dish (which already sounds awesome, doesn't it?)
- Get on a swing too. Be a child again and enjoy that playground. It’s more fun than you think. Go down (and up!) the slide, swing, get on the monkey bars and play hide and seek around the playground. You'll be surprised how much fun you have!
- Get lost together and embrace the adventure. Turn a regular walk or a hike into an adventure by taking a different road for a change and getting lost. Use your common sense of course, but get lost.
- Unplug. It’s the last one the list, but it’s the most important one because disconnecting from technology will make all the difference in reconnecting with your kids. Set a time every day when you will turn off your phone, TV, computer and just be with your child. Even if it’s laying on the couch for a lazy afternoon.
Watch this short video and share it with others!
Reconnect With Your Kids
What would you add to the list? read more: https://playtivities.com/how-to-reconnect-with-kids/Posted by Playtivities on Tuesday, June 6, 2017
Remember, LITTLE THINGS DO MATTER. Your full undivided attention makes the whole difference. Even if it’s 30 minutes a day. It's always about quality time with your kids.
I hope this list will inspire you and you'll get excited about spending summer with your kids. Don’t be afraid of it. Embrace it! You only have few summers left before they want to spend all summer with their friends.
- Free Things To Do With Kids
- A Super Quick Remedy For Upset Ears
- Fun Family Weekend Activities
- Fun Family Reunion Games