How would you like to sit and relax for few minutes? Watch your favorite TV series? Or read that book that you have been trying to finish for the last few months?
Sounds too good to be truth when you have kids and it’s the middle of the day?
Well, I have done this successfully last weekend and while I can’t guarantee you 100% success, I can sure help you try your best.
As far as I know, most kids LOVE taking pictures. Whether it’s on a camera or on a cellphone. The problem with my kids is that they end up either taking 137 selfies or I catch them playing a game on the phone 2 seconds later after I hand the phone to them.
This photo challenge is perfect boredom buster and a good photography activity for kids that will teach a thing or two about taking better pictures and will sparkle their creativity.
The photo challenge printable pack comes with the instructions for the challenge, 10 fun challenges and the badges that you can cut it out and give it to the kids once they complete the challenges correctly.
There might be some involvement required from your part, but try not to get involved too much. Sit back and enjoy at least an hour of free time to yourself.
You are welcome.
OUR VIDEO OF PHOTOGRAPHY ACTIVITY FOR KIDS
- Build a structure (from LEGOS, Blocks, Pillows or anything you can think of) as tall as you. Take a selfie with it.
- Find a volunteer (friend, parent or a sibling) and stack 5 cheerios (oreo cookie, gummy bears or anything you prefer) on his nose. Take a picture. Extra points if you do this while the ”volunteer” is sleeping.
- Find things that look like letters of your name. Take pictures of all of them. If you can’t find all of them, be creative and make things look like letters of your name.
- Find 10 items of your favorite color in the house and take pictures of them.
- Take a picture of something that doesn’t belong in that place.
- Zoom in on your camera, take a picture of a small detail and let someone guess where the picture was taken. Be very sneaky!
- Take a picture that shows 1 hand and 10 fingers. You might have to do some stacking.
- Close your eyes, take 20 steps and take a picture. Without looking at the picture name all the things you think you took in the picture. Write them down and give it to your parent.
- Take a picture of 5 things that start with letter “B”.
- Pick a toy and give the life it deserves by setting up the scene it was meant to be in. We all know super heroes or barbies don’t belong on the shelf! Take a picture of your toy’s new fancy life.
If you want the printable of the photo challenge instructions, challenge list and the badges, fill out the form below and I will send you the printable instantly.
JOIN WEEKEND CAMP AT HOME. IT’S FREE!
It’s a 12-week activity course where every Saturday morning I will send you an email with the weekend activity your kids can get busy with. It’s won’t cost you a dime.
You will not need to buy any supplies. I try to keep it as simple as possible, using the things we (and you) already have at home.
The activities in the Weekend Camp At Home will not only help your kids have lots of fun, but also will help them learn and be creative.
subscribe to receive the printable instantly