Have you been looking for Christmas games for families? I am happy to tell you that you are in the right place!
18 Christmas games for families that won’t leave your moody uncle, stubborn teenager or curious toddler indifferent and just waiting on the couch. You can play them all during long Holiday evenings or just pick a few that you liked the most and start creating funny and happy moments together with your family. These fun Christmas games for families require a bit preparation, but I have some extra tips for entertaining your kids while preparing for the real play time!
- Christmas Games for Families
- 18 Christmas Games For Families
- 1. Lump Of Coal Christmas Saran Wrap Game
- 2. DIY Snowman Bowling Game
- 3. Holiday Party Games – Jingle Bell Toss
- 4. Christmas Family Feud Game
- 5. Christmas Tree Ball Sort For Toddlers
- 6. Diy Christmas Board Game
- 7. Diy Ornament Piñatas
- 8. Christmas Tic Tac Toe Stocking Stuffer Craft Idea
- 9. Guess that Smell Christmas Game for the Whole Family to Play!
- 10. Merry "Christmitts" Game
- Christmas games for families
- 11. Christmas Minute to Win It Games: M&M Elevator
- 12. You've Been Elf-ed!
- 13. Printable Christmas Games: Christmas Who Am I?
- 14. Poke-A-Tree Game Idea
- 15. Pin the Heart on the Grinch Activity with free Printable
- 16. Christmas charades game and free printable roundup!
- 17. Kids Christmas Bingo Game
- 18. Ornament Bean Bag Toss Game
- Fun Christmas games for families
Christmas Games for Families
I know that after Xmas dinner it is not the easiest task to get up off a couch and start playing games. That’s why I strongly recommend to plan these games in advance and have some icebreaker activities before dinner, some easy Christmas games after it and a few more active game choices for the late night. It’s going to require a bit more of your time (which will be of great value during stressful December), but I assure you it’s worth your planning and effort.
Just imagine post-Holiday period, when everyone is thanking you for the marvelous time they had. Isn’t it the most important and cherished moment of a mom’s life?
18 Christmas Games For Families
1. Lump Of Coal Christmas Saran Wrap Game
Ultimate Christmas party game for all ages! You could also use scraps of fabric that could be reused every year.
2. DIY Snowman Bowling Game
If you live in a place like mine, where snow is more the exception than the rule, this snowman craft and game is a perfect idea to boost your winter mood!
3. Holiday Party Games – Jingle Bell Toss
Can you imagine a party game without jingle bell toss? Well, if you think YES, then I am sure your family hasn’t tried it yet. This Christmas game is easy to make, low cost and brings a lot of joy to all players!
4. Christmas Family Feud Game
This is just what I wanted! I was thinking of how to make a kid friendly version of family feud game in order to play it during our Christmas party. This one looks superb!
5. Christmas Tree Ball Sort For Toddlers
This is the trick I mentioned in the very beginning. Before the Christmas party, make this tree ball sort game for a toddler in advance! So when you’ll have some stuff to do and your frisky toddler will require your attention, this game will keep him/her busy for a while.
6. Diy Christmas Board Game
Perfect game to shake things up after a delicious dinner with family. Make this awesome Christmas board game in advance. I am sure you will find players in seconds, when they see how funny this board game is.
7. Diy Ornament Piñatas
I was looking for something interesting and unique to do this Christmas and I found this fab idea. Have you ever thought of piñatas as a Christmas conversation starter? I have not! But from now on... the things have changed!
8. Christmas Tic Tac Toe Stocking Stuffer Craft Idea
You may already know that TIC TAC TOE is the game that my daughter plays anywhere, anytime and begs everyone to play it with her. We have done this game before, so why not to try to make Christmas-themed Tic Tac Toe game for kids?? This one looks awesome.
9. Guess that Smell Christmas Game for the Whole Family to Play!
This blogger invites your family to have a blast trying to guess Christmas Smells. Nothing screams Christmas more than the hot spiciness of cinnamon, Christmas tree or ginger cookies so just imagine sharing these lifelong memories once you smell them!
10. Merry "Christmitts" Game
Fun gift-wrapping game for all ages. Use your imagination to make it as silly as possible for your family.
Christmas games for families
11. Christmas Minute to Win It Games: M&M Elevator
Even looking at the pictures of this game makes me giggle. Just imagine your family members trying to eat as many M&M as possible using handmade elevator. Sounds like fun!
12. You've Been Elf-ed!
If you are a fan of visiting neighbors and wanting to share some festive Holiday mood with your neighborhood, this game is a perfect choice for your family! Here you ‘ll also find Printable Elf Poems and Signs.
13. Printable Christmas Games: Christmas Who Am I?
I adore this guessing Christmas family game very much! You will find some awesome printable with Christmas characters from beloved books and popular Christmas movies.
14. Poke-A-Tree Game Idea
Simple, crafty and fun holiday game idea to young and old. Excitement guaranteed!
15. Pin the Heart on the Grinch Activity with free Printable
What about a fun idea to play with Grinch in the house? Free printable included and already approved by kids!
16. Christmas charades game and free printable roundup!
Yes, you have read it right! It’s a charades game for your family reunion. Can you already hear the hysterical laugh in your living room?? I can! A lot of cool printable included.
17. Kids Christmas Bingo Game
If you don’t have any time to prepare for special Christmas games or activities for kids, save this link for later! It’s a quick, easy to print and cool game to play during unexpected family or friend reunions.
18. Ornament Bean Bag Toss Game
If you have big and busy Xmas parties, this game will keep children busy and happy and out of the kitchen!
Fun Christmas games for families
I know that reading ideas or talking about them is easier than implementing or even including them in a busy mom schedule. If you plan to have some big gatherings or Christmas parties in the house, remember that you are not alone and share some thoughts within your family. Working and brainstorming together, picking ideas that are the most suitable to your family is the most important action. After that, you’ll find it as easy as it sounds! And then you (will) have lifelong memories playing the best Christmas games for families.