We build a tent in the middle of winter. And it's in the house.
This crazy idea was inspired by my daughter who is becoming a fascinating reader and we wanted to create a corner for her (and her brother) to nurture the love for reading and of course a place to enjoy hot coco.
This DIY Teepee Tent is really basic and so simple to make. It doesn't require any fancy tools or materials. A perfect Saturday afternoon project for entire family.
This DIY Teepee Tent literally costs us $0 and it took us about 20 minutes to make.
DIY TEEPEE Tent
Materials you will need:
- 4 wooden sticks, all the same height. We picked ours just by walking around the neighborhood.
- heavy duty stapler
- some blankets and pillows
1. Find a corner. We figured that the teepee fits best there and is more stable when at least one stick is leaning in the corner and the other two also touching the side walls.
2. Position the sticks so each of them are facing all 4 different directions. (might need extra pair of hands).
3. Use rope to tie the sticks.
4. Get your fabric and wrap around your teepee stick base. Basically I just eyeballed the size of it and cut the ends a bit because it was too long.
5. I used stable gun to secure the fabric to the stick base.
Take a look at our DIY Teepee tent short video:
Watch your kids enjoy their little private corner for hours.
Actually I loved this DIY teepee and I have to say I am a bit jealous. Should I build one for myself? 🙂