Have you ever thought of acts of kindness to do as a family? Leaving a kind note on the stranger’s car, paying for somebody’s meal or just simply doing something random and kind is one of our favorite things to do as a family. I really think it brings us more joy and happiness than anything else we do.
We started random acts of kindness when our daughter was just 1 year old. Now, 6 years later we always try to find new things how we can brighten somebody else’s day by just doing simple random acts of kindness. Moreover, after these random acts I’ve created some coupons with acts of kindness for kids to do for their friends. How cool is that?
Favorite Random Acts Of Kindness To Do as A Family!
- Leave bubbles at the park for other kids to find them and blow them.
- Do yard work for an elderly neighbor. Collect the leaves or shovel the snow from the the driveway.
- Let someone else in the line go in front of you at the grocery store.
- Give a hot (or cold) beverage to a mail man.
- Go see someone at nursery home and play a board game together.
- Draw Tic Tac Toe boards on the sidewalks at the park and leave some chalk for others to play.
- Go do a craft with someone at children’s hospital.
- Leave kind notes in the parking lot on the windshields of cars.
- Put some paper hearts in the book you are returning to the library so next reader can find it.
- Leave an old toy who you don’t play with anymore at the park or give to somebody who needs it.
- Give thank you notes to police officers.
- Volunteer at your local library.
- Write a snail letter (by hand!) and send it (by regular mail) to someone who doesn’t expect it.
- Get some chalk and write good morning on all of your neighbor’s driveways.
- Let your child sing a song, record it on the phone and send the video to somebody who really needs it. It will sure put a smile on their faces.
- Make “kindness rocks” (simply color them and write short notes) and put them secretly in other people’s pockets or purses. My daughter does this often in her class for her classmates.
- When the rain hits unexpectedly get some umbrellas and drive around and give them away to those who need it desperately.
Teaching Kids Kindness
If you would like more acts of kindness I have found a really wonderful book “Make & Share Random Acts of Kindness: Simple Crafts and Recipes to Give and Spread Joy” LOADED with amazing ideas on how to teach kids kindness and why it’s important. I love this book because it also has kid-friendly step-by-step crafts plus ideas for easy to make sweet treats and meals. This allows kids to get involved in being kind a lot more.
- 20 Family Games with…
- 20 Family Game Night Ideas
- 50+ Things To Do With Kids For a Family On the Budget
- Fun Family Reunion Games