One of my favorite sounds is when kids are hysterically laughing while they are playing. Hearing this really warms my heart.
I always give myself a pat on the shoulder when this sound comes from kids playing a game, not a computer game, not a tablet game. Just a game.
The kids played THAT game yesterday and it brought lots of laughter.
This is WEEK 2 on our Weekend Camp at Home and we are playing Spider Game.
It kinda reminds me the game of Kerplunk. But it’s easier.
SPIDER GAME INSTRUCTIONS
First, watch our short video of this spider game
- Print out the spinning wheel (page 2). leave your email at the form below and I will send you the printable instantly.
- Cut out the arrow and position it on the spinning wheel.
- Take the pin and push it through the arrow and the spinning wheel. I suggest gluing the spinning wheel page onto the cardboard. It will be more sturdier and the pin will hold (and spin) better.
- Make a spider using 2 pipe cleaners and a pom pom. Take 2 pipe cleaners and cut them in half. Now you have 4 short pipe cleaners. Take a pom pom and place it in the middle of the pipe cleaners (two from one side and two on the other side). Squeeze the pom pom by twisting both sides of pipe cleaners. Twist it few times so the pom pom is secure. Adjust the spider legs and add some googly eyes on the pom pom if you wish.
MAKE THE SPIDER
- Place 20 wooden skewers (sticks) across the bowl. Position each stick different direction, but make sure each of the sticks crosses at the middle.
- Put the spider on top of the sticks.
- Each player takes turns to spin the wheel and pull sticks under the spider according to the commands they’ve landed on the wheel.
The aim of the game is to pull out a stick without making the spider fall into the bowl. Person who pulls out the stick and the spider falls – ends (and loses) the game.