Mindful questions to ask for kids in order to get them know better!
It's amazing that we can take advantage to bond by just asking the right questions. Sometimes journal prompts come to the rescue, but other times everything you need is a quality talk! By talking kids can express their emotions, it encourages them to think deeply and learn to be open-minded, honest. Teach kids don't be afraid of telling their opinion. So, don't forget to listen them by heart, pay full attention while waiting for answers. And show that everything is OK, learn to accept and discuss about the things that matters!
40 Creative Questions to Ask Kids
- What does it feel like when I hug you?
- What makes you sad?
- You're outside for a whole day: what would you do?
- What was the silliest thing that happened to you?
- How old is your grandfathers/parents/siblings?
- What challenged you today?
- Who do you want to make friends with that you haven’t already?
- What sounds do you like?
- Was there ever a time when you felt afraid or alone?
- What do you want now?
- What are you grateful for ?
- How did you make that person feel welcome?
- What do you want to learn?
- What is faith?
- Is there something that you miss?
- What will you do differently after today?
- What is love?
- Who is your best friend and why?
- What kind of art you like the most?
- What are you sorry for?
Questions to Ask Kids
21. How would you change the world if you could?
22. What do you want to change? Why?
23. If you could create a new planet what would you name it, and what would it be like?
24. What do you enjoy giving people?
25. What makes you laugh?
26. If you could meet anyone from history, who would it be and why?
27. What’s your biggest dream that you wish would come true?
28. What is one place you want to travel to one day?
29. Describe the house you want to live in when you’re a grown-up.
30. What was the high and the low of your day?
31. If you wrote a book, what would its title be?
32. What would you do if you made the rules at home?
33. What is empathy? Is it important to you?
34. If you can meet anything at the moment, what it would be?
Thoughtful Questions For Kids
35. What makes you feel loved?
36. If you had to eat only one food for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
37. What kind of book you want to read?
38. How do you make someone happy?
39. What makes you feel energized?
40. If a friend asks you to keep a secret that you don’t feel comfortable keeping, what would you do?
Quality Talks with Kids can Be a Life changing Moment
Remember the time when a short talk or just a few words stuck in your head forever ( I hope, in a good way!)? I have some strong memories... So, words have powerful energy and it can make changes. So, the right questions and discussions with kids teaches not only self reflection, provides stability, but it stays in the mind for a life. Appreciate these talks and enjoy your bonding time with kids!
What kind of questions work well in your family? Share in the comments!