Since Easter is around the corner, let me share with you how to dye Easter eggs with crayons.
Through the years we have tried many (MANY) ways to dye Easter eggs. But once I became a mother of 3, I started looking for easier and faster options to dye Easter eggs with kids. For obvious reasons.
Also, I wanted them to be fully involved, but with my minimal help.
So, crayons came into the rescue! This is a really easy and fun way to dye eggs with kids.
How To Dye Easter Eggs With Crayons Instructions:
You will need:
- Hard boiled eggs
- Crayons (oil pastel ones) aff link
- Towel or egg cartons to hold the eggs in place
Dyeing Easter eggs with crayons process:
- Boil the eggs. I boiled them for about 10 minutes and left them in hot water (with pan covered) for another 10 minutes.
- Use kitchen tong to get the eggs out of the pan. Place them on a towel and gently pat them dry.
- Place each egg on egg carton and start drawing with crayons on them.
Warning! The eggs will be still hot, so supervise your kids and make sure to tell them not to touch the eggs while drawing on them. Once one side is painted, turn the egg for them and let them continue until they are happy with the egg design.
They key in this method is to draw on hot eggs, because the crayons will melt and stick at the same time on it better and the colors will be more vibrant. You will notice that when the eggs start cooling off, the colors won’t be as bright anymore.
These Easter eggs are going on the table as a centerpiece. Kids are so proud of how they turned out and had a super fun time dyeing them.
What is your favorite way to dye Easter eggs with kids?
- DIY Surprise Easter Eggs that will stand out in the neighborhood
- How to DYE Easter Eggs with kids
- Easter Crafts for Toddlers
- 15 Awesome Easter Family Gathering games