Dyeing Easter eggs with kids (or even by yourself) can be a challenging task. There are so many how to dye Easter eggs tutorials, different dyes and complicated kits that the process can get overwhelming. Last year we tried to dye eggs with crayons (which was cool actually), so this year I was searching for something new.
We love everything simple, here at PLAYTIVITIES, so I searched and found the coolest ways to dye Easter eggs. You will find Easter egg hacks with shaving cream, free printables, naturally dyed eggs or how to decorate eggs without touching them! Almost all of them are kid friendly and are really fun! No matter how old are your kids (toddlers or teenagers), I am sure you'll find the best idea to your family!
What is worth to mention is that if you had an accident and you cracked the eggs, you don't need to worry or hurry to buy new ones. My advice - don't throw away your slightly cracked eggs. Not yet! First of all, look at what you can make out of them - kimberlycun!
How To Dye Easter Eggs with Kids
- Chalkboard eggs! Because it's so much easier this way. Kids will love decorating these! Find more details at oleanderandpalm
- Not interested in decorating eggs by dyeing? Here is a genius solution for, especially if you have some Lego fans in the house. Find free printable at itsalwaysautumn
- Naturally dyed eggs CAN be beautiful! That's how I grow up dyeing our eggs with my mother as like in bigsislilsis blog!
- Easter egg sculptures is another great way to use those decorated eggs to spread the Easter mood around the house. Check Easter home design ideas at mrprintables.
- Dye eggs with rubber-bands? momtastic
- Washi tape eggs via lovelyindeed
- EGG PEOPLE - making characters with decorated eggs can be a fun Easter table decoration idea and a game for the entire family. Check out mrprintables for more details on this.
How To Dye Easter Eggs without touching
- Use whisks! This was AHA! moment for me. You can find more tips on dyeing eggs with kids at innerchildfun blog as well!
- Easy tricks how to blow out eggs and how kids can colour them without touching (and crushing it). Tinkerlab has so many different ideas, so go check it out!
How to dye Easter eggs with COOL AID and .... ties
- Dip them in Cool Aid. For further instructions check totallythebomb
- TIE-DYED! YES! You CAN dye the most beautiful eggs with an old tie! Find all the details at ourbestbites
How To Dye Easter Eggs with shaving cream
- You can dye Easter eggs with shaving cream? Wait what? See it yourself at - katiescrochetgoodies
- See how your can personalise each egg so there is no confusion whose egg is it. You know what I am talking about if you are a parent... via realsimple
I hope you found your favorite tutorial and learned how to dye Easter eggs so you can show your kids and to it together.
Did I miss your favourite way to decorate / dye Easter eggs?
Share your secrets in the comments below
- Easter Crafts for Toddlers
- 15 Awesome Easter Family Gathering games
- Quick Set up Easter Family Games
- DIY Surprise Easter Eggs That Will Stand Out In The Neighborhood