Playdough and pasta is like popcorn and raisins (meaning, they go together well) in our house. Playdough activities with pasta are super beneficial for kids. I LOVE it because:
- It’s so easy to set it up.
- The variety of shapes that pasta have allows children to create very different characters and surroundings.
- Handling playdough is a a good sensor activity for children, handling pasta is fantastic motor skills practice for those little fingers.
So don’t delay, get your playdough and pasta out and get to work. But first, check out these super awesome and very creative ways how to incorporate pasta with playdough.
9 Playdough activities with pasta
1. Make playdough face with pasta. I think it could turn into a super fun activity where a child could make portraits of family members and friends. I can see a lot of laughter involved.
Sun Hats And Wellie Boots
2. Simple Playdough creations allow children to relax and really use those motor skills by stacking penne pasta on the long spaghetti ones. My 2 year old son didn’t leave the table until all the pasta was stacked up.
3.Playdough Pasta creations using cookie cutters. Kids can make little cakes and even teddy bears. Adding some pasta to it will make super cute decorations.
4.Invitation to play: Pasta and playdough. You will be surprised how much can kids create and have fun with by just preparing a tray and invite to play.
Dirt and Boogers
5. “Molding and manipulating play dough and pasta together is a great play opportunity for kids to experiment with the materials in an unstructured activity.”
Learning 4 Kids.
6. You have to try these Edible playdough noddles. Be careful, I heard this activity (and the noodles) are addictive.
Kids Activities Blog.
7. Playdough pasta matching game . This playdough activity would be great for a toddler, but I am sure your preschooler would love this too. Stamping and later matching the shapes. So much fun and very educational!
Kids Activities Blog
8. Small world play on the dinosaur land is a great Playdough activity that encourages imagination. The possibilities are endless for this play set up.
The Imagination Tree.
9. Fairy playdough activity. If you have a little one who is fond of The fairy and the frog theme, than I’m sure she/he will be playing with this set up for hours.
The Fairy And The Frog
Update: We just did an experiment on coloring homemade play dough with vegetable juice and it was total success. It’s super easy too.
Want more playdough activities?
We came up with super duper fun 10 playdough challenges for kids. They are simple (well, maybe not that simple), but definitely entertaining and will keep your kids busy for a quite a while.