Playdough activities for kids using pasta is like popcorn and raisins (meaning, they go together well) in our house. Playdough activities with pasta encourages kids imagination and creativeness, PLUS it's super beneficial for kids. I LOVE it because:
- It's so easy to set it up.
- The variety of shapes that pasta have allows children to create very different characters and surroundings.
- Handling playdough is a a good sensor activity for children, handling pasta is fantastic motor skills practice for those little fingers.
So don't delay, get your playdough and pasta out and get to work. But first, check out these super awesome and very creative ways how to incorporate pasta with playdough.
- 10 Playdough activities with pasta
- 1.Play Dough Portraits
- 2.Engineering for Kids : Build with Pasta
- 3.Playdough Pasta Creations using cookie cutters
- 4.Invitation to play: Pasta and playdough
- 5. Play Dough and Pasta
- 6. Edible playdough noddles
- 7. Playdough Pasta Matching Game
- 8.Small World Play on the Dinosaur Land
- 9. Playdough Creations with Pasta
- 10. Rainbow Pasta and Playdough
10 Playdough activities with pasta
Make a playdough face with pasta. I think it could turn into a super fun activity where a child could make portraits of family members and friends. I can see a lot of laughter involved.
Simple Playdough&Pasta engineering project for kids that develops their imagination, problem solving and coordination skills.
3.Playdough Pasta Creations using cookie cutters
Kids can make little cakes and even teddy bears. Adding some pasta to it will make super cute decorations.
You will be surprised how much can kids create and have fun with by just preparing a tray and invite to play.
"Molding and manipulating play dough and pasta together is a great play opportunity for kids to experiment with the materials in an unstructured activity." No more words needed!
You have to try these! Be careful, I heard this activity (and the noodles) are addictive!
This playdough activity would be great for a toddler, but I am sure your preschooler would love this too. Stamping and later matching the shapes. So much fun and very educational!
It is a great Playdough activity that encourages imagination. The possibilities are endless for this play set up.
If you have a little one who likes to play with dough, then I'm sure she/he will be playing with this set up for hours.
I love this idea. It let them use fine motor skills by making a beautiful rainbow from pasta, playdough and some stems! Very nice.