Peaches peaches peaches. It's all about peaches now. For the first week we just eat these fruits, second week we make smoothies and Popsicles with peaches. Third week we start baking. Muffins, pies, cakes, cookies. You name it.
Yogurt peach pie is something that must be eaten EVERY SINGLE SUMMER. It's a long rooted family tradition. Why?
It's to die for. That's all there to say.
This is how I make my own peach pie
You will need:
- 2 large eggs
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 cup of sugar plus some 3 tbsp for the top
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups of flour (all purpose)
- 4 big ripe peaches. Peeled, pitted and diced into thin slices.
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt. You can use plain or even a flavored one, such as peach.
Greek Yogurt is essential in this recipe, because it will make the pie moist and will add extra nutrition.
Yoplait has a big variety of products available at Walmart – Original, Light, Greek, Gogurt®. Grab some on your next shopping trip.
1. Turn your oven on to 350 degrees F. Grease your pan. I used 9 inch baking pan.
2. Use electric mixer and beat butter together with sugar adding eggs one by one. Add yogurt and vanilla.
3. Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl.
4. Add dry and wet ingredients together.
5. In separate small bowl mix sugar and cinnamon. (You will use that to sprinkle on top of the pie before baking.)
6. Pour half of the batter into the baking pan evenly and top it with the peach slices. Sprinkle the top with sugar and cinnamon mixture. Add the rest of the batter and top with peaches and sugar/cinnamon mixture.
7. Bake this goodness for about 1 hour.
We love it warm and served with ice cream or our favorite Yoplait yogurt (healthier choice).
TIP! If peaches are in season where you live - grab some and start baking. The pie is the best when the peaches are fresh and ripe.
This is our summer GO-TO pie recipe that everyone adores. It's perfect to take it with you on a piknik, a pool party or even a fancy party as hostess gift.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Yoplait®. The opinions and text are all mine.