Thankfully my kids have a good appetite, but of course there are days when it gets really challenging for us to cater their needs and prepare dinner that they will actually eat.
Usually I can forecast dinners like that in advance. It's either after a long day in the house when they had a chance to snack on more snacks than they should or when they are not feeling well. So for the days like that we have a "rescue dinner" that we know our kids will eat for sure!
It's Taco night when kids can personalize their own tacos and feel like they made their own dinner (that's the best trick we've got to get kids to eat dinner).
In yesterday's post - How I get Free Money For My Child's School, we showed you why and how we participate in Box Tops For Education program. We shopped at Walmart and bought food items from our shopping list that had Box Tops labels. One of them was Old Elpaso Tacos.
This taco meal is super customizable. Stuff your tacos with favorite ingredients.
For our taco night we used:
- black beans
- diced red onions
- shredded white and yellow cheddar cheese
- diced tomatoes
- cooked ground meat
- salt and pepper
- stand and stuff taco shells
1. Saute the ground beef in pan over medium heat until it's cooked. Season it with salt and pepper.
2. Gather small bowls and place all ingredients into each bowl.
3. Invite the kids and let them 'make their own dinner'. They will be excited that they can mix and match whatever they want in their tacos. This usually does the trick for our kids to get super excited about the dinner.
Dinner is served and eaten!
Have you heard about Box Tops program?
- Box Tops are worth $0.10 for your child’s school
- - Box Tops is one of America’s largest school earnings loyalty programs.
- - Over 80,000 k-8 schools participate
- - Schools can use Box Tops cash to buy whatever they need.
- - Box Tops for Education has contributed over $525 million to participating schools since the launch of the program in 1996.
1. We purchased General Mills® products that participate in the program.
2. We clipped and saved the Box Tops labels.
3. We then dropped off the labels to our school.
4. Then, the school redeems every label for 10 cents.
5. The school is able to use the money where they need it most to make education better.
We shopped at Walmart to find our favorite brands that has Box Top labels.
TIP: When shopping at Walmart look for Walmart Bonus Box Tops offer on select General Mills® products. You can buy find one Box Top item and get 5 additional bonus box tops. What a catch!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of General Mills®. The opinions and text are all mine.