If you have been looking for information about how to increase the time your kids spend and play outdoors you better make your outdoor play-area awesome with these DIY backyard ideas for kids. It doesn't mean that you have to go and spend thousands of dollars purchasing expensive playground equipment. Most of the times something really simple creates lots of fun and excitement for the kids.
DIY Backyard Ideas For Kids
- If you have an empty outside wall on your house or garage you could easily DIY backyard climbing wall. How cool is that?!
- How about making a balance beam? I am sure your kids will be more than excited! It will keep kids active and improve their balance and gross motor skills.
- Construct a little different backyard ball run on your fence in the backyard. This super fun set-up amazed me! I am sure kids won't stop playing it because of the all variations you can have.
- Every child would love to play with these giant reclaimed wooden blocks. They are so easy to make!
- Do your kids (or you) love playing bowling? This could be the perfect DIY even for a small backyard, because you can build it right by the fence.
- Reuse old tires for a fun playground. I love it because it has multiple play areas so few kids can play there!
- Make set of scales things you already have at home. A lot of learning through play could be involved.
- Make a chalkboard easel from old ladder for the little artists. Being it in your backyard you don't have to worry about the mess they will make.
- Make chalkboard board on the fence in your backyard. Find tutorial at project denneler.
- Be traditional and build tire see saw.
DIY Awesome Makeovers
- Spend about $10 on paint & washing liquid and have playhouse just like new. What a smart idea!
- Make sandbox from an old cabinet. It's a perfect small backyard idea.
Easy Backyard Ideas
- Another great small backyard idea: make a playhouse under the deck. Genius!
- DIY climbing wall for toddlers, because they love to climb too.
- Learn how to build your own zip-line and your kids will never leave your backyard.
- And if you aren't up for making your own zip-line you can always buy one on Amazon.
- If you have a tree in your backyard rope ladder is a good backyard idea for kids.
- Backyard tight rope is such a simple backyard addition but it could add hours and hours of fun and active play for the kids.
- Make cool noodle abacus. So many ways to play with it!
- Make a cozy seating area outside for kids from pallets. For some yummy summer snacks and reading time.
- Decorate your backyard with some gorgeous toad stools.
- If you would make a DIY outdoor movie screen kids will think you are the coolest parent ever! Imagine the movie night you could all enjoy as a family!
- 25 Fun Pallet Projects Your Kids Will Appreciate
- 10 Absolutely Coolest Backyard Games For Kids
- Backyard Bingo Game Will Keep Kids Active
- DIY Mini Inground Pool For Unlimited Splashes